The following is an incomplete list of what I'll miss if I ever move to the city. For city folk, a peek into what you're missing and some explanation of "why anyone would ever live in the burbs." For the suburbanites, a reminder of what you've got before it's gone!
- Family and friends. I'm about 99% sure fewer people will visit us since we won't be able to guarantee parking in the city.
- Rent/ mortgage is so much less you can actually afford to travel the world. See images of our latest trip to Indonesia (enjoy the captions) http://picasaweb.google.com/otmopo3ok/IndonesiaRepublikIndonesia
- Lots of bedroom closet space. My closet is about 5 ft in diameter, and it's in my bedroom! In fact I've played hide-and-seek in there multiple times and once Igor couldn't even find me (hey, wait a second...!)
- Quiet hood, 'nuff said.
- The amazing grocery stores. I can't imagine only shopping @ Whole Foods, Dominick's, Jewel, TJs and the farmer's market when the weather is nice. I will probably go back to the burbs for my fresh, inexpensive veggies
- The joy of waiting for the purple line @ Howard when it's freezing outside, just kidding, this I won't miss.
What would you add to or argue with on this list??