Sunday, June 12, 2011

Picking the Menu

Do you like hosting? I've only hosted a handful of time... I love it but haven't perfected it yet.

My last happy hour for 15 coworkers was right after work, so I only had a half hour to pull everything together. I kept the menu simple and it came out very nicely:


Appetizers

  • Shrimp sauteed in olive oil, butter, crushed garlic and fresh ginger
  • Veggies (kept it colorful with red peppers, sugar snap peas, carrots) for white bean hummus dip
  • Three varieties of cheese served with crackers
  • Fruits
  • Chocolate covered haystacks
  • Nuts and dried fruit
Drinks
  • Gin & tonic w/ limes
  • Beer
  • Red and white wine
Prep was simple since it only included chopping and sauteing.

This week, I'll have another opportunity to host. This is what I'm thinking for the menu:
  • Whipped Feta with veggies (Martha's Recipe)
  • Chicken wings
  • Boiled potatoes with fresh herbs (dill, cilantro, chives and garlic)
What's your go-to party recipe?


No comments:

Post a Comment