Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I couldn't possibly go to bed before midnight last night.

I was running around hanging things up on the wall (see new prints from CB2 finally hung up!), cleaning and I couldn't possibly let my sister and brother-in-law's (and, well, his mom's) garden-fresh veggies go to waste. Did you get all that?

My sister's husband created a raised flowerbed and his mom planted a bunch of veggies when he was out of commission due to a broken leg (ice hockey is as dangerous as it seems). They have grown several beautiful tomatoes, perfectly-shaped cucumbers, various herbs, zucchini and eggplant even!! It looks amazing, and is fun for the kids to pick the veggies. Sure a few have been eaten by some animals, but a swift toss of those across to the other flower bed and we're back in business with the unharmed veggies.

Larisa and Mike kindly donated these tomatoes and cucumbers to their younger sibling and I made this colorful, fresh salad for lunch today (standard "everything" salad: EVOO and lemon dressing, almonds, cubed gouda, yellow peppers, spicy pickled peppers...whatever else I had in the fridge).

Delicious.

Thank you for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment